On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 04:39:53PM -0400, Fungal-net wrote:

[cut]

> I did not ask because I wanted to blame anyone, but asked so I can solve a
> problem
> The above instructions are what they SHOULD be and this is HOW THEY WERE.
> Since the keyring was not updated prior to the shift to amprolla3 all the
> merged repositories were invalid, and this is where the new keyring was.
> Only by switching the merged into devuan was I able to update the key, I just
> didn't realize I had to rechange back to merged.  But merged were
> inaccessible without the key.
>
> Why not go and delete your /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d and see if you can install
> the keyring from /merged
> I couldn't!   I could from /devuan!
> If that is true then the instructions to switch from Debian/jessie to
> Devuan/jessie with onion addresses are invalid.  So try not to shove this
> under the carpet, yet.
> In any case my question was about -ascii and -ceres not about -jessie but I
> will have to make the deduction, which has proven many times in the past to
> be false.

Hi,

nobody wants to put anything under the carpet. We have put amprolla3
out for testing because we want any bug and inconsistency to be
discovered, and fixed, before it goes live for everyone in Devuan. And
we are grateful to anybody helping with this process.

There is no point in getting angry or upset: either you provide
sufficient information on your problem or it is impossible for us to
understand what is wrong. We are not in front of your computer. We
don't have access to your config files. We don't know what you have
changed. We can't run commands on your machine. We must rely on the
information you provide in your reports. If this information is
incomplete, it's very hard (if not impossible) to understand what's
going on.

So, please, when you report a problem, try to keep that in
mind. Saying "it can't update...I have a lot of 404" or (worse) "it
now works without changing anything" is close to useless. Try to put
yourself on the other side, and check whether the information you have
provided in your emails are sufficient to understand your problem *if
you don't have access to your machine, cannot check any config, and
cannot run any command*

Devuan's only goal is to make Devuan a rock-solid, dependable
universal operating system. That's why we never know when the next
release will come out. We have never hidden any problem to Devuan
users, and we will never do.

HND

KatolaZ