On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 08:53:57AM +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> I would remove all languages that I do not need. Certainly, you do not
> know 45 languages! I suggest you to download the Debian sources (or
> Devuanised source packages) if available, open the debian/control
> file, and remove all those futile dependencies for all languages that
> I don't use.

In this particular case, translations come in separate packages so you're
free to install just languages you want.  In the general case, though, if
you insist on micromanaging, there's "localepurge" which might save you a
whole 100MB!  Although I don't know where you can find a machine capable of
running Thunderbird at an usable speed where 100MB can make a difference.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Laws we want back: Poland, Dz.U. 1921 nr.30 poz.177 (also Dz.U.
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ 1920 nr.11 poz.61): Art.2: An official, guilty of accepting a gift