Hi,

Can you please provide libreswan package with sysvinit integration in Devuan?

Recently "libreswan" package was added to Debian: [1]. But it only
contains systemd init script and lacks sysvinit script. Corresponding
bug was reported to Debian bug tracking system: [2]. But libreswan
maintainer refuses to include sysvinit script to his package (although
it exists in upstream libreswan). His excuse (from [3]) is that
sysvinit script is untested. From my POV it's pretty lame, as it's
supported in upstream. Also, I tested it on my PC and it works just
fine.

Here is the way I added sysvinit script on top of installed Debian
libreswan package.
 - sysvinit script can be generated when doing "make deb" in upstream
libreswan source code dir ([4]); copy that script to /etc/init.d/
 - run "update-rc.d ipsec defaults" to generate links
 - now you can do "service ipsec start/stop/restart" (and it works just fine)
 - also I regenerated Debian package:
   - removed "--with systemd" from debian/rules
   - removed systemd dependencies from debian/control

Can someone please look into it?

Thanks!

P.S. Not sure that feature requests belong here, so if I'm wrong about
this, please point me out to correct place.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libreswan
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=855653
[3] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/libreswan.git/tree/debian/TODO
[4] https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan