On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 11:11:47 +0000
KatolaZ <kato...@freaknet.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 10:58:38AM +0100, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2017 schrieb taii...@gmx.com:
> > > After noticing that filezilla has added adware to the windows
> > > client I am nervous about using it for linux due to their loose
> > > morals and I am curious about alternatives.
> > >
> > > I am looking for one with a decent gui, ideas? Thanks
> > >

> > Konqueror from TDE :-)
> >

> GNU mc. Unless by GUI you really mean something with sparks and
> glitters :-P

IMHO mc has a horrible set of hotkeys, it makes regrettable mistakes
easy, and for me it has a much slower workflow than command line sftp.

IMHO for mass file transfers, rsync is the tool of choice. Or tar it up
one place, rsync it elsewhere,  and untar it there.

What would be COOL AS HELL would be a graphical tool to build rsync
commands, perhaps somehow using ssh-agent so you can keep it open and
only authenticate once.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive