Am Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017 schrieb Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky:
> Hello,
>

> I have run upgrade recently and got eudev installed.
> After reboot I've got some weird names of interfaces: wlp4s0 and
> wwp0s20f0u3i12 instead of wlan0 and wwan0.
>
> How to change them back to normal?

Add this in /etc/default/grub to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=" ... net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0"

Then remove /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.

Don't forget to run "update-grub" at the end.

Now reboot. Things should be back to normal. And I hate that braindead naming
scheme, too.

Nik

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA, CIA ...