Am 28.12.2017 um 14:45 schrieb Mike Tubby:

[...]

> Reading the 'Release Information' at:
>
>     https://devuan.org/os/releases
>
> it is not terribly clear to me exactly which Debian 'Jessie' the Devuan
> 'Jessie' is built upon - the reason for this is that Debian has 'point
> releases', e.g 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 ... and the current Debian Jessie is
> release 8.10 dated 9th December 2017.

[...]

My understanding is that Devuan is not and can't be based on a
particular Debian point release.

If you're running Debian 8, then when 8.10 is released and you run
"apt-get update && apt-get upgrade", you'll be running 8.10 after that,
won't you?

And as Devuan mostly tracks Debian's package repositories, except for
packages that require adjustment to run without systemd or
systemd-related components, that should also apply to Devuan.

Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Best,

msi