On 01/08/2018 05:16 PM, Hleb Valoshka wrote:
> On 1/8/18, Lars Noodén <lars.noo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm running Ascii on amd64 and having some trouble with Bluetooth.
>> Here is an excerpt from dmesg(1) where mentions not being able to load
>> the firmware.  Which packages should I be looking at?  Or is there
>> another fix?
>
> firmware-iwlwifi from non-free

Thanks.  I had not used that repository at all before and have now added
it and the package and the modules seem loaded:

$ lsmod | grep -E 'blue|iwl'
iwlmvm                245760  0
mac80211              671744  1 iwlmvm
iwlwifi               151552  1 iwlmvm
cfg80211              589824  3 iwlmvm,iwlwifi,mac80211
bluetooth             552960  13 hci_uart,btintel,btqca,bnep,btbcm
rfkill                 24576  5 bluetooth,cfg80211
crc16                  16384  2 bluetooth,ext4

The Blueman Assistant appears to let me turn the bluetooth adapter on or
off.  However, when I go to actually set up a new device, it claims no
adapters found.

bluetoothctl can connect to the daemon but cannot find any devices either.
        "No default controller available"

/Lars