On 2018-01-20 13:31, Hendrik Boom wrote:
I googles "devuan ascii" today and in the top few finds there were three
spam sites -- sites which either jut advertised expensive junk, or else
pretended to be my ISP doing a survey and as a reward offering
expensive junk such as (probably fake) testosterone supplements.

At this point the power went out, so I didn't get to see if there were
more.

The brief excerpts Google presented before I clicked  on links were
legitimate-looking quotes from Devuan sites, listing things like the
platforms devuan runs on and so forth.

Somehow the spammers have manages to out-SEO the legitimate Devuan
sites.  It's not making it easy for newcomers to find us.

Ugly.

Using startpage and with heavily filtered content, I'm not seeing any of that here. The problem I DO see is that the first link on the page points to "Upgrading Devuan Jessie to Ascii" on talk.devuan.org which is archived for historical purposes but likely to contain outdated information. We have been trying to gain access to this site for months in order to post appropriate cautions but no joy.

golinux