Hi Steve:

On 23/01/18 08:52, Steve Litt wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:57:25 +0100
"J. Fahrner"<j...@fahrner.name>  wrote:

Am 2018-01-22 15:00, schrieb aitor_czr:

Here you are a screenshot:

https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/popupmenu/blob/master/screenshot.png
Isn't it the same as the openbox pipemenu in package "openbox-menu"?
Anyone interested in menus should also check out UMENU. Works in any
text environment, keyboard only, no need to press Enter, very fast,
infinitely configurable.

It has almost no dependencies (no nCurses in the mix, no Yaml nor
json nor XML to parse), written in pretty simple Python. Use it as a
menu, or to give a menu front end to a complicated command line command
or command line Domain Specific Language.

http://troubleshooters.com/projects/umenu2/  for screenshots,
instructions, explanations and download.
SteveT
I read in the past your page in troubleshooters dedicated to umenu. I still didn't give it a try, but i'll do.

On the other hand, i'm improving the response time of the header in the popupmenu. As some user in the IRC channel would say, this part needs more love :) Now, you need to add the whole "exec" field in the *.desktop entries as arguments in the command line, for example:

popupmenu "exo-open --launch FileManager %u" "medit %F"

otherwise, the application will be missing in the header.

You can build the package following the above steps in this thread, but replacing the tag upstream/0.1.1 by upstream/0.1.2. In the same way, the tag debian/0.1.1-1 has beenreplaced by debian/0.1.2-1

I'll also develop my own oblogout -named (maybe) ob-session-logout-, since the original one, developed by Corenominal, is given up. I'll add it to the popupmenu package as a recommended package.

Cheers,

  Aitor.