Hi,

I have followed the instructions in the following page to migrate my
Debian stretch system to Devuan ascii. I have not removed libsystemd0 as
I want to use the system with X (desktop).

https://devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/migrate-to-ascii

All went well, but when I startx as non-root user from console, X starts
keyboard and mouse are not usable and I can only recover the system with
a hard reset. Root user can start and operate X with no issues.

It has to do with starting X as non-root user, I guess.
Could someone help me overcome the issue or point me to the right
information?

Best regards,
Menelaos