I have some online classes which are Flash based "webinars" that I'd
like to save for viewing on my train/bus commute. gtk-recordmydesktop
works for the video part but I can't record any audio. I'm using
straight ALSA on my Devuan system and tried setting gtk-recordmydesktop
audio option to PCM and DEFAULT but no good.

This is my isntalled pulse packages. Maybe one is in conflict?
# aptitude search pulse | grep ^i
i   apulse                          - PulseAudio emulation for ALSA

i   libpulse-mainloop-glib0         - PulseAudio client libraries (glib
support)
i   libpulse0                       - PulseAudio client libraries

i   libpulsedsp                     - PulseAudio OSS pre-load library

i   pulseaudio-utils                - Command line tools for the
PulseAudio soun
i   vlc-plugin-pulse                - transitional dummy package for vlc

If I play a regular mpg file on my system with vlc, the audio works fine
so I don't think it's vlc playback that has the problem.

Thanks