On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 09:33:07 +0100
Didier Kryn <k...@in2p3.fr> wrote:

> Le 05/02/2018 à 02:46, Steve Litt a écrit :

> > I just finished a document on how to configure/use Sakura.
> >
> > http://troubleshooters.com/linux/sakura.htm
> >
> > SteveT

>      Hey Steve.
>
>      Just read your nice little Sakura tutorial.
>
>      In the last paragraph you write "/.config/sakura/secura.conf" .
> I bet there's a typo here (-:

Oh Oh. Here's what my Chromium browser says the last paragraph of the
document says:

Sakura is much more featureful than discussed in this document, and its
features are easy to use. Perform command sakura --help for more
details, peruse the ~/.config/sakura/secura.conf file for even more,
and for the utmost info on this program's behavior, look at its source
code.

My intent was to precede the leading slash with a tilde. I must have
done something that renders wrong on some browsers. I tested with my
handy dandy XML checker and the doc is well formed XML, which *usually*
means it will play right with most browsers, but...

On what browser did you observe the lack of the tilde?

>      What the difference between hitting <ctrl><shift>T and hitting
> <tab> ?

Ctrl+Shift+t adds a tab on top. Hitting the tab key queries the files
in the directory and asks you to select (this is a function of
bash/dash, not the terminal emulator).

>      <personal-opinion>Sakura rewriting its config file on exit is
> definitely a bad feature.</personal-opinion>

I'd rather have two files: One for config, the other for persistent
state. I'd prefer the former not be overwritten, and the latter
overwritten and headed by a comment not to edit it directly.

SteeT

Steve Litt
January 2018 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb