On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 06:55:56PM +0100, J. Fahrner wrote:
> Am 2018-02-12 16:35, schrieb Irrwahn:
> >You should have one of:
> >     libpolkit-backend-1-0-elogind
> >or, probably more fittingly in your case:
> >     libpolkit-backend-1-0-consolekit
> >installed.
>
> Now I tried both, and both give me working shutdown/reboot/suspend.
> What's the prefered backend for Devuan? elogind? Does elogind replace
> consolekit? I tried to remove consolekit, but slim depends on it.

The basic idea is that there is no preferred one: you choose. Some
login managers work with either of the two, some with just one of
them. Slim seems to be working preferably with the consolekit
backend. Lightdm seems to be able to work with either of the
two. Also, almost all the desktop tasks allow to choose which login
manager to use.

HND

KatolaZ