On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 10:26:39AM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:

[cut]

> >      create 640  clamav adm
> >      postrotate
> >      if [ -d /run/systemd/system ]; then
> >          systemctl -q is-active clamav-freshclam && systemctl kill
> > --signal=SIGHUP clamav-freshclam || true else
> >          /etc/init.d/clamav-freshclam reload-log > /dev/null || true
> >      fi
> >      endscript
> >      }
> >
> > But this code is not in any of the 16 other logrotate files in this
> > folder. I do not fully understand it, and so my first
> > question is are there any suggestions why it is there and why isn't it
> > necessary in the other files? I ask because I have uncovered an alarming
> > number of systemd files throughout the computer on which I installed the
> > clamav-daemon, and am concerned that there has been a bit of
> > liberty-taking by pro-systemd 'agendaware'.
>
> Hi,
>
> It's probably just that the upstream package maintainer has made the
> assumption that Debian should only run systemd, and nothing else
> ever. You might call it pro-systemd 'agendaware', if you like. It just
> seems to have become a shared habit of many (but not all)
> maintainers. That's why we are here, after all...

Sorry, I must correct my statement above: the script leloft posted is
correct, and works if either systemd or something else is used as PID
1. This is evident from the if-else block, which restarts the clamav
service usinf either systemd or the corresponding sysvinit script.

This is luckily a case in which the maintainer has not been
assimilated, yet :)

Please accept my apologies

KatolaZ