Since Purism have created a fully libre distribution, it seems like that would
be the reason for having a seat there. Not that I'm saying you're wrong here -
it's important that hardware with binary only blobs are not endorsed by anyone
as free hardware.

It's true that they disable ME in their laptops according to all accounts
anyway. Afaik it's not fully possible to remove intel ME yet, just disable it
(or so we think) and tinker with the partitions. By definition that
disqualifies them as producing free or libre hardware or even being certain ME
isn't still doing something.

Also I haven't heard of Novena/Talos until now despite being on the lookout so
you may have a point there. Afaict it's only crowd funding or pre order so far,
what's the TLDR? Any others around?

Thanks,

chillfan