On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 09:46:59PM +0200, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Friday 30 March 2018 at 21:39:14, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 10:28:00AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > > Here's why I wouldn't use Palemoon if it were the last browser on earth:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
> >
> > Is there another name that palemoon could be called?
>
> Of course - we could call it anything we like - they even include "default
> branding" in their source tree, and anyone's free to use that if they don't
> want to develop their own (I've not looked at it, I have no idea how
> appealing
> it is).
>
> The main question is whether anyone wants to support / encourage / depend
> upstream on a developer group with those attitudes to packagers.
>
> Okay, licensing and trademarks are important, but there are ways of asking
> people to play nicely and there are ways of setting the dogs on them at first
> opportunity...

They do prrovide another name one can use.  I quote from the online
discussion about the alleged misuse of "Pale Moon":

As for branding, the default branding (when not using
--enable-official-branding) is the New Moon branding included in
the tree which has no limitations (see redist point 13 in the
current version).

-- hendrik