Hi all,

As i announced in the irc channel, i've extracted the code of the netstatus plugin for LXPanel. This plugin has been ported by Hong Jen Yee (PCManFM) from the original code comming from the GNOME2 netstatus panel applet.

I've been testing it and works succesfully. For example, in the case of a wireless connection, it gives me the following output in the command line:

NETDEV_INFO:
IP Adress = 192.168.0.11
Broadcast = 192.168.0.255
Netmask = 255.255.255.0
Protocol = IEEE 802.11
Essid = "Euskaltel-58YA"
Signal Quality = 94%
Netdev Status: "Connected to wlan0"

On the other hand, in the case of a wired connection it gives me this other one:

NETDEV_INFO:
IP Adress = 192.168.0.10
Broadcast = 192.168.0.255
Netmask = 255.255.255.0
Netdev Status: "Connected to eth0"

After unplugging from my router, i get:

NETDEV_INFO:
Netdev Status: "Disconnected"

What is more it also works fine in the case of renamed devices like eth1/wlan1, etc... and doesn't need root permissions.

This is great for projects like setnet and simple-netaid!

When i tidy the code, i'll push it to gitlab.

Cheers,

  Aitor.