Quoting Mark Rousell (mark.rous...@signal100.com):

> I really can't see anything different about project autonomy before or
> after GitHub acquisition by Microsoft. The issue you elaborate on below
> is certainly real but Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub doesn't seem
> likely to make any difference to it.

Quite likely correct.  (You'll note that I never said it did.)

I prefer having control over my own software infrastructure to the
extent feasible and economic, for reasons having nothing particularly to
do with Microsoft, Inc.  (I haven't especially looked into the
ramifications of that business deal.  It's just one proprietary
software company swallowing another, and not of great concern to me.)