How can I make hardware keys work in a Thinkpad T500?  Vol+, Vol- & Mute are only ones I would use. In other Linux distros the mute, vol+ & vol - keys work.  A link to a way would be good enough for me.

In the discussions of security & kernel, other internal computers seem hidden from consideration.  I use old Core2 systems to avoid remote control computers built in later PCs but the modern SSDs and HDDs, like memory sticks are know to have internal computers.  How do Devuan users know the SSD is not calling home or was not infected between foundry & delivery?  Might Devuan get some protection, some way to stop a modem, USB device or internal OEM device from calling home?

God Bless You,

Eric