Hi Arnt,

El 14/10/18 a las 03:01, Arnt Karlsen escribió:
..why the 2 different web servers???

The configuration of Nginx requires granted permissions. At the same, granted permissions in the cloud requires a dedicated server, more expensive than a shared one. Not all the people can afford it.
Apache, instead, can be configured using a local .htaccess file.

  One of them should do, and I'd
say the proper way to number them, would be "1A." and "1B.", rather
than "1." and "2." for apache and nginx.

1.i)
1.ii)
1.iii)
1.iv)

I'm not a lawyer! ;-)

If one of them is much
easier or significantly better etc than the other, then the best one
should be numbered "1." just like you did, and the other(s) should be
thrown into an "alternative webserver setups" section in an appendix.

Personally, i prefer nginx over apache, but i use a shared hosting for gnuinos; so, i'm using apache.
On the other hand, the configuration suggested by KatolaZ:

http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan_mirror_walkthrough.txt

that is:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule /devuan/merged/pool/DEVUAN/(.*) /devuan/pool/$1
RewriteRule /devuan/merged/pool/DEBIAN-SECURITY/(.*) /debian-security/pool/$1
RewriteRule /devuan/merged/pool/DEBIAN/(.*) /debian/pool/$1

didn't work for me. I just shared the one which worked in my server, using
Redirect 302.

Cheers,

Aitor.