Am 2018-10-21 03:41, schrieb Jimmy Johnson:
Pottering only selling point was the systemd is faster, my testings on
many systems says that's a lie. I'm not saying it can't be faster,
while using systemd if I push and hold the on/off switch my computer
shuts down fast.

If I understand you, you're trying to dump sysvinit because it's old,
well it's not nearly as old as me and I can still kick butt and I see
nothing wrong using sysv script, as a user it's working for me, simple
config I can read and edit.  What's wrong with that?

+1

My old Lenovo Thinkpad T61 (with SSD) boots in 8 seconds from grub prompt to slim login window. I also cannot see what's wrong with that.

Jochen