Le 20/12/2018 à 23:50, Steve Litt a écrit :
Didier Kryn<k...@in2p3.fr>  wrote:

      What's the purpose of kexec ? I see one main: using a Linux
session as the bootloader, a bootloader more heavily customizable
than Grub. Additionally it saves a few seconds. Are there any other ?

          Didier
Wow. Are you saying I can get rid of Grub?

    No, sorry, it's still necessary to boot the first one. You use grub (or syslinux, why not ?) to boot the first kernel; then from this one you kexec a second one. This is only if you want a lot of flexibility and variety in the choice of the second one. The first Linux OS can run a custom application to select the second one and pass it the custom command-line arguments. There should be a serious need to do this kind of hack (~: