On 2019-02-10 00:39, stanz via Dng wrote:
Could not mount USB drives as regular user until apt install 'gvfs' package.

Used updated feb mini.iso, in laptop - not vm or vbox.
Used expert install, choosing Xfce. Kept beowulf repos and updated.
Thunar:
enabled volumn management, with notice of missing dep - "gvfs".
thunar didn't show usb under 'devices', tho it did show in all
'/dev/disk/by-* (all folders).
After installing gvfs - rebooting - usb showed under devices and
mounting/unmounting
as reg user worked.

Installed synaptic & bleachbit (as root) to test pkexec
permissions...didn't ask for password
or start programs. They do run as regular user and terminal with sudo.

I wouldn't know what package to blame if this goes as bug?
Anyone else?
asta~

I also had to install gvfs to make thunar happy to mount usbs etc..

I finally got proper auth to work but had to upgrade pkgs.

Are you using pkgmaster in your sources and with experimental and ceres too?

golinux