Hi,

On 8/3/19 18:31, . fsmithred via Dng wrote:
There's no /etc/machine-id in my beowulf that was an upgrade from
refracta ascii or in the beowulf live iso that I just made with
live-sdk.

Refractasnapshot excludes /var/lib/dbus/machine-id and blanks
/etc/machine-id if it's present.

Refractainstaller excludes /var/lib/dbus/machine-id and does nothing
with /etc/machine-id.

Isos made with live-sdk will have /var/lib/dbus/machine-id, and it's
the same number every boot unless we remove the file. I just added 'rm
-f /var/lib/dbus/machine-id' to blend_finalize() and now the iso has a
different machine-id on every boot.

If /etc/machine-id is missing, systemd-journald will fail. If the file
is empty, it'll get a new number. (That doesn't concern us, but
there's code for it in refractasnapshot because people use that on
debian with systemd.)

fsmithred
I'm looking at the generated strapdir in my live-sdk (built on thursday) and i've got the same result: /etc/machine-d is missing and the other file /var/lib/dbus/machine-d is present.

Aitor.