On 2019-07-08 01:24, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Joel Roth via Dng - 07.07.19, 23:39:
Noting here a solution from the debian-user mailing list.

I'm aware there's a team working for init system flexibility
on Debian and send my kudos and beer vouchers to them :-)

==== quoted message follow ====

> On Jun 27, 2019, at 12:42 AM, Rick Thomas <rbtho...@pobox.com>
wrote:
>> On Jun 25, 2019, at 11:20 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <jo...@jones.dk>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Seems this would work as well, with less collateral damage:
>>
>> apt install -y sysvinit-core elogind
>> apt --purge autoremove
>
> This works great and, as noted, is far more elegant.
[…]
A warning about all of these solutions:  They will remove the package,
network-manager. Sometimes this may rewrite the

Not here.

I am still running Debian with elogind and Plasma and Network Manager
just fine. As I did not bother yet to switch to Devuan, but in order to
replace systemd-udevd by eudev I likely will at some point in time.

I do not remember whether I did it exactly like above, but I am sure
that in general Network Manager can be run without Systemd just fine.

Anyway, I posted it all here and/or on devuan-dev and its still
available in the archives.

Here it is: https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20190425.103306.17b0d534.en.html

I just a few minutes ago posted it for someone on irc.

golinux