il devuanizzato Hendrik Boom <hend...@topoi.pooq.com> il 08-07-19 18:59:00 ha
scritto:
Epoch is an init system very interesting. Syntax config file it's
declarative like systemd. Don't exist dependency between objects but only
prority (it may be strange in the beginning).
I like scriptable init system (for example runit) however it's simple (more
simple than runit) make your init environment and collection of objects with
epoch init system. It's easy intersperse daemon and not daemon.
The epoch documentation links are correct. The documentation is detailed. I
discover epoch reading Steve Litt's "Manjaro Experiment" documentation.
From what I know, epoch is packaged by gentoo folks. It should not be
difficult considering small size and simplicity, make package for Devuan. I
have a small subset of objects (entity to be managed in epoch) and i will be
very happy to share with you.

Is epoch capable of running as a service starter or manager if another
init system starts the system?

-- hendrik
I think it's not possible. Epoch should be at the same time init system and service management.

--
viverna