On 10/26/19 5:06 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

Has any of you been using Devuan as a rescue CD? If so, how has it been
working out for you, and do you have any suggestions to make the Devuan
rescue experience easy and productive?

System Rescue CD recently switched from Gentoo to Arch, thus acquiring
systemd. I wouldn't have a big problem using systemd for a narrow,
contained usage like rescue, but I've also heard their project is
foundering.

Thanks,

SteveT

I use a Refracta live-cd or usb as a rescue system. It has things like ddrescue, smartmontools, lm-sensors, testdisk/photorec and some other relevant software installed.

What is it you need to rescue? Some things are easier than others.

fsmithred