il devuanizzato Denis Roio <jaro...@dyne.org> il 22-11-19 10:55:46 ha scritto:
Devuan cannot exist without the help of Debian.

If Debian drops the support for any other init system but systemd, I
believe we won't be able to keep up with the legwork needed to support
all other init systems. I say this because we do not have a comparable
amount of people and resources to face the huge amount of work Debian
will cease to do. Of course quality matters, but not that far.
No, we will not allow it!
I propose this: a script called INJ - Init Freedom inJector

I wrote this summer in this list about a possibility of inject init run scripts (for example runit) in all Devuan packages automatically. I'm writing a simple script that inject init diversity in a single package.
Workflow I imagined it like this:
- Init script experts write run scripts for all daemon based on rules specified below (also sysvinit)
- Script read a package one by one:
        - Open package in tmp dir
        - For all init system included in Devuan:
                - If exists run script for package
                        - Insert run script
                        - Edit if requested postinst and prerm script
        - Create package from tmp dir
- New package created (automatically)

Run script resides in /var/local/INITSYSTEM/ and are copied in the package.

Script I wrote support epoch and runit. Other init can be supported if implemented.

Config file for epoch are in /var/local/epoch/package_name_all_daemon.conf
For example openssh-server.conf
ObjectID=sshd
       ObjectDescription=SSHD
       ObjectStartCommand=mkdir -p /run/sshd && /usr/sbin/sshd
       ObjectStopCommand=PIDFILE /run/sshd.pid
       ObjectStartPriority=Start_Network_Daemon_H
       ObjectStopPriority=Stop_Daemon_H
       ObjectEnabled=true
       ObjectOptions=SERVICE AUTORESTART
       ObjectRunlevels=boot core net

Script file for runit are in /var/local/runit/package/

For daemon:
/var/local/runit/package/daemon/run

For example /var/local/runit/openssh-server/sshd/run
#!/bin/sh
exec 2>&1
sv start rsyslogd || exit 1 mkdir -p /run/sshd exec /usr/sbin/sshd -D

System one time tasks (inject in /etc/runit/{1,2,3}):
/var/local/runit/package/dir/{1,2,3}

If the resolution nr.4 proposed by Ian Jackson will not pass,
Devuan will die.
No, inject treatment scripts in all systemd-unit-file only infected packages automatically.
Hard work is ONLY create script for all init systems supported (more
easy if a small committee of experts write it).
I would like to release the script in the next days with AGPL3 but tell me.

We are at war. Let's defend ourselves or die fighting.

--
_________
< Viverna >
---------
      \                    ^    /^
       \                  / \  // \
        \   |\___/|      /   \//  .\
         \  /0  0  \__  /    //  | \ \           *----*
           /     /  \/_/    //   |  \  \          \   |
           @_^_@`/   \/_   //    |   \   \         \/\ \