Le 24/02/2020 à 10:44, aitor a écrit :
Hi Didier,

En 24 de febrero de 2020 10:01:33 Didier Kryn <k...@in2p3.fr> escribió:

Le 24/02/2020 à 01:16, Aitor a écrit :

Hi Tito,

On 23/2/20 17:02, Tito via Dng wrote:
Why use 2 binaries rather than one, more programs, more code, more
communication in between them equals to more attack surface.
I would stay with just one suid binary, more so if you want to go the
su-only route.
I'll answer to this question in more detail: the requeriment of suid
privilegies implies an additional (non GUI) binary due to the fact
that the usage of any GTK suid binary is impossible.
Read here:

http://soc.if.usp.br/manual/libgtk2.0-doc/faq/x392.html
    Does it mean that synaptic works that way with droping priviledges
in the GUI?

    Didier

Synaptic is run as root via sudo/su. There are no suid privilegies

    Hi Aitor.

    Sure, but it is running a GUI with root priviledge. I thought this was the danger and I understood this was forbidden in GTK+.