Hi Steve,

On 15/3/20 16:39, Steve Litt wrote:
All of these are good ideas, but if it were me, I'd prioritize
simple-netaid-dmenu, in which all from-list selection and all user
input is done via dmenu.

Gtk2, Gtk3, qt5, and ncurses are all fairly big libraries. Dmenu is
tiny and depends only on X, for the simplicity lovers among us. Also,
simple-netaid-dmenu would be best for the keyboard adept.

If you do this, I'd suggest you make the typeface, fontsize, and colors
configurable, and default the typeface to Ubuntu Mono Bold, which seems
ubiquitous.

Simple-netaid-dmenu wouldn't be pretty, but would be simple and
lightning fast for the keyboard-adept.

Naturally, I'll help test it.

SteveT
I still didn't give a try to dmenu. In any case, i think you are wrong in saying that ncurses is a fairly big library, unless you are comparing it with the termlib library (a low-level access to the termcap database):

https://books.google.es/books?id=GsUMLqtYI1UC&pg=PA197&lpg=PA197&dq=low-level+termcap+library+C&source=bl&ots=RqLF8yM_Sb&sig=ACfU3U2qL5VG_LSqYeL_wi1cdAxLuGoZYQ&hl=es&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjx58nlnbToAhVNyoUKHZR7AAgQ6AEwAHoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=low-level%20termcap%20library%20C&f=false

If so, don't lump ncurses with the Gtk and Qt toolkits altogether :)

Btw, simple-netaid-cdk is going ahead, and i have it working on my computer :

http://gnuinos.org/simple-netaid-cdk/main.c

Here you are some screenshots:

http://gnuinos.org/simple-netaid-cdk/screenshots/

Cheers,