Update!!

Edit (the) Settings on my Taskbar.
Edit  Lock Taskbar (was enabled)
"Drag & Drop" my Taskbar on primary...

Done!

*Big Thanks for your help & patience & attention*

Michael

Am 05.11.20 um 12:03 schrieb kernel panic!:
dear terry
hello all,

Am 03.11.20 um 22:35 schrieb terryc:

Do you have arandr loaded?
yes => 0.1.9

This isn't a soluton, but 'works' for me, YMMV.
InĀ  xfce -. right click -> Applications -> Settings -> Display
Identify the displays.
Set which one you want to be the primary.
Make sure it the other is not set as primary.
Drag each screen around to the L/R, or up/down relation ship you want.
Note, depending on the hardware you have, you can also set resolution
and refresh rates.

What doesn't work for me is the every morning, I then have a pop up
that asks e to chose between mirror or extend right, then I have to
close two popups.

What is in your dual-monitor.sh?

#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output VGA-1 --mode 1680x1050 --pos 925x1080 --rotate normal --output DP-2 --off --output DP-1 --off --output HDMI-1 --primary --mode 1920x1080 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal --output HDMI-2 --off

After a long time of trial and error, I now have nearly my settings back.

But, although the HDMI monitor is the primary in "arandr". Is my XFCE taskbar on the small monitor (VGA)

If I could teach the XFCE to display the bar only on the primary monitor, I would be happy. ;-)

BTW: my VGA "Card" is: VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

On my MoBo i have two Outputs: HDMI & VGA

salve
michael