On 2/22/21 1:59 PM, Curtis Maurand via Dng wrote:

On 2/22/21 4:26 AM, Pontus Goffe via Dng wrote:

Putting this back on list.

I still think you are doing it wrong, after changing your sources.list(s) you should, at least
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

Ah. you have an extra step.  The following is from the website doc.

Update the package lists from the Beowulf repository.

|root@devuan:~# apt-get update|

Devuan Jessie users should now upgrade the Devuan repository keyring, and update the package lists again so packages can be authenticated.

|root@devuan:~# apt-get install devuan-keyring|
|root@devuan:~# apt-get update|

If xscreensaver is running you should kill it now as it needs to be stopped before it can be upgraded.

|root@devuan:~# killall xscreensaver|

Now you can perform the upgrade.

|root@devuan:~# apt-get dist-upgrade|

I've seen your original problem frequently, mysql and mariadb both are turned off during upgrades, and then apt-get goes on to install other packages, which might require a database to be running and have no control over this.  A workaround is, whenever you have mysql (or mariadb) present, update it first and alone, like this:

apt-get update
apt-get install default-mysql-server      # this command depends on your version, just reinstall mysql's server first.
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

This way mysql gets updated first, and will be running for the rest of your system.

Hector Gonzalez
ca...@genac.org