On 5/31/21 12:36 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
On Monday 31 May 2021 at 21:25:18, Marc Shapiro via Dng wrote:
I couldn't even switch to a terminal where I could kill Firefox.  I finally
had to simply power down the system.  (How I hate doing that!)
Hint for the future - if you have sshd running on this machine, you may well
find you can log in to it from elsewhere and tell it to "reboot".  That will at
least shut processes down cleanly (migth take a while) and unmount your file
systems cleanly.

Thanks for the tip.  I have used sftp from my Android phone for transferring files to and from the phone, but had not tried ssh directly.  I have installed an ssh app and it seems to work nicely.  I hope I will not actually need to use it.

Marc