Hi.

I want to install a bare metal hypervisor in my computer to get the benefits from dual booting except without the mess that is dual booting.

I'm going to use it for both linux and windows systems and all I want is for the vms and their files to be isolated, control over their resources, PCI passthrough, and good performance. I don't care for a GUI as long as scripts are an option.

Currently I'm between Xen and Qemu, but I'm open to other options.
Which would be the best option in this case, and is this even a good idea?

Thanks.