On 2021-10-27 00:35, spiralofhope wrote:

This may be obvious, but a memory testing suggestion:

Remove all but one stick

With that one stick in a particular slot, memtest

If failed, repeat with each single stick in that same slot

If all fail, move up a slot and test each stick

I know it's a pain, but it might determine if the any/all memory sticks
or if the motherboard are bad.

I am hardware-phobic but I can do a few things like switch out ram. Some years ago, I got some shiny new sticks to increase my ram to 8 gb. They all seated well but nada. I switched some around several times. Still nada. By this time, I'd had enough, packed it up and took it to my local hardware guy. He removed them all all and basically did the above procedure. Took a while to get them to play nice. Seems that only one configuration of sticks in the 4 slots would work. Hardware . . . grrrrrr . . .

golinux