On 26-11-2021 21:53, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via Dng wrote:
Anno domini 2021 Fri, 26 Nov 15:33:11 -0500
  Ken Dibble scripsit:
On 11/26/21 1:57 PM, d...@d404.nl wrote:
On 26-11-2021 17:27, goli...@devuan.org wrote:
On 2021-11-26 05:08, Peter Duffy wrote:
It's a bit like the charlatans and fake doctors in past centuries.
They'd invent an illness, and then claim to have a remedy for it:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/marthambles

LOL! Isn't that exactly what big pharma is still doing with direct
marketing to consumers of their latest "cure" for a newly discovered
"disease"?

golinux
Well, big pharma does do some research and sometimes come with new and
useful medication. But it is true that they spend more on marketing
than on research.

Grtz

Nick

I am not trying to create problems of any type.  I would honestly like
the source of the claim that big pharma spends more on marketing than on
research, before I repeat it, and am left without a defense.
5% R&D, 45% Marketing, 50% profit - at least these were the last published
numbers. Sorry, I just have a source in german:
https://www.amazon.de/Lizenz-Pl%C3%BCndern-multilaterale-Abkommen-Investitionen/dp/3434530177

This book ist not the newest, but it has valid numbers. And both authors have
quite a name :)

Nik

Ken

This is reasonable recent https://www.pharmacychecker.com/askpc/pharma-marketing-research-development/