On 12/15/21 10:22, ael via Dng wrote:
<snip>

I also think there can be an over reaction to Redhat. I know someone who
works for them, and distrusts systemd as much as anyone on this list,
and I gather that he is not alone in that view within redhat.

It goes so much deeper than that. systemd isn't just untrustworthy, it's a
facade.
Redhat pulled the open source equivalent of a Microsoft EEE and systemd was the
shim for it.
They screwed over every single person who's ever supported them, and did it in
a way
that was just as sleezy as anything Microsoft or SCO has ever done.