Roland,

I am suggesting that when building out infrastructure, it is prudent to try to
minimize single points of failure.  One such single point of failure is
reliance on a software monoculture.

You appear to be suggesting that the Internet is so broken that taking steps to
minimize single points of failure in your own infrastructure is pointless.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Regards,
-drc