Dear colleagues,

This evening, 16 January, between 20:45 UTC and 21:05 UTC, we again
received an unusually large amount of incoming traffic on the servers
for the RIPE Authoritative DNS services. The volume of traffic was
overflowing our inbound connections. It will be clear that this has
severely impacted our Authoritive DNS services while the attack was
ongoing.

This attack was quite similar to the incident we had earlier this week.
However, an important difference was that this time the attack traffic
was directed at the RIPE NCC DNS services directly.

As mentioned in an earlier announcement, we are investigating potential
improvements to our infrastructure to increase our mitigation
capabilities in case of future incidents.

Kind regards,
Romeo Zwart