Hi all,

I really like dnsmasq! If only all network servers could be so simple to use!

I am having a bit of an issue though; it might be a bug. If it is, I will
track it down and try to fix it. For now though, can you tell me if I'm just
specifying options wrong?

What I am trying to do is netboot a few different types of machines. I'm
allowing dnsmasq to identify different machines by the MAC address prefix.
For instance:

dhcp-host=00:50:C2:*:*:*,net:pe-xes
dhcp-option=net:pe-xes,17,"/srv/nfsroot/powerpc"
dhcp-boot=net:pe-xes,kernel-xes,build,192.168.2.1

So, all machines with the above MAC prefix get a specific kernel and NFS root
option passed to them.

The problem is that the 'dhcp-option' specification does not work. When a
machine gets a DHCP reply, option 17 is not passed. If I change the
dhcp-option to not check net: option, option 17 _is_ passed:

dhcp-host=00:50:C2:*:*:*,net:pe-xes
dhcp-option=17,"/srv/nfsroot/powerpc"
dhcp-boot=net:pe-xes,kernel-xes,build,192.168.2.1

But, I have a few other machines that have different NFS roots, so this isn't
a great option. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Regards
 - Brent Cook