Ok, ignore the last post... I worked that problem out, I just used dpkg --force all to make the libs install...

However, my script isn't being run every time I request an ip. Has anyone else had this problem before?

Cheers Don

Don Gould wrote:
Below is a response from SK which says use dnsmasq 2.32...

However he's added some hints that I don't understand.

Has anyone got dnsmasq 2.32 running under sage?

It's complaining about missing libs

Cheers Don

Simon Kelley wrote:
Don Gould wrote:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH :) :) :)

Ok... so you're right, email was easier after all :) !

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dnsmasq/

I was dumb.... I downloaded the oldest version, no wonder I couldn't find references to what I needed...

That script option looks like it will be the go!

Thanks again for all your help and hard work. I'll get busy and see what I can come up with.

Feel free to get back to me if you hit problems.

A tip for getting the newest version: if you don't want to upgrade your system to the "testing" distribution, then download the 2.32 source with

apt-get source dnsmasq

and build a binary package with

fakeroot debian/rules DBUS= binary

The DBUS stuff inhibits use of a library which is too old in Sarge.

Cheers,

Simon.

Cheers Don

--