Hi,

I have recently scrapped my Bind/DHCPd installation after a server crashed
and not wanting to go through all the trouble setting up the new one. All
seems to work well except that I can not figure out how to get one server
running dnsmasq to return an address from another. I have one domain
comprised of three subnets connected through a VPN. I would like to have
each server be able to return all the addresses that all the servers have
assigned via DHCP. For instance if server A assigns workstation Z an address
and server B assigns workstation Y an address, I would like server A or B to
be able to respond to a dns query for either workstation Y or Z. I'm sure
this should be able to be done through forwarding, but I can't figure out
how to make dnsmasq forward the requests and then respond properly. I tried
just adding the all the dnsmasq servers to all the workstations as dns
servers, but the local server must be responding with something which makes
the workstation not use the other server. I'm sure I just have an option
setup wrong, but If anyone could help point it out, I would be very
appreciative.

Thank You,

Mike Elkevizth

Here is my config:

#domain-needed
#bogus-priv
filterwin2k
no-resolv
no-poll
#localise-queries
server=/dcs/192.168.5.11
server=/dcs/192.168.6.10
server=/dcs/192.168.7.10
server=24.164.100.234
server=24.164.100.230
server=65.24.0.181
local=/dcs/
expand-hosts
domain=dcs

dhcp-range=192.168.5.16,192.168.5.135,24h
dhcp-option=3,192.168.5.1
dhcp-option=44,192.168.5.10,192.168.5.11,192.168.6.10,192.168.7.10
dhcp-option=46,8