Joe.Kelly wrote:
> Hi,
>

> ***HOWEVER***, the "ipconfig /registerdns" command does NOT seem to work
> if the host it is run on uses the WRT54GL as its DNS server. I ran this
> command on a Windows 2000 and Windows XP host on the WRT54GL side of the
> VPN and I expected to see a new host record in the internal DNS server.
> However, it doesn't seem to work. I hoped that the split DNS feature
> would handle this for me (the host's DNS server was set to the WRT54GL,
> not the internal DNS server).

I'm outside my area of expertise here, but I have a feeling that what
you are trying to do needs dynamic-DNS support in the DNS server. Ie the
ability for client to add/alter DNS records. Dnsmasq doesn't provide
that facility. Adding it would be a major undertaking.

> Any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep the
> host pointing at the WRT54GL as its primary DNS server.

Use server=/<domain>/<server> to forward the domain in question to a DNS
server which supports dynamic-DNS. dnsmasq should have no problems
_forwarding_ DNS-update requests, even if it cannot act on them.

Cheers,

Simon.