Bodo Bellut wrote:
Hi,

Then I'd like to request a configuration option, if possible per client. I don't want to risk other clients stopping to work because of this.

OK, try

http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/test-releases/dnsmasq-2.41test28.tar.gz

Wow...

It uses the tagging system, so you can force broadcast for only BOOTP
like this:

Works like a charm, thanks a lot.

For another PXE client I have to disable PMTU discovery on the machine running dnsmasq (known Intel LANDesk problem). Do you think there's a solution to this without globally disabling PMTU discovery?

A new area for me:

http://www.linux.com/base/ldp/howto/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/lartc.cookbook.mtu-discovery.html

seems to indicate that it's possible to do it for a subnet (and maybe an individual host) using the routing table. Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Cheers,

Simon.