I'm worried I might have still got a glitch in my dnsmasq config.

I have a new print server which gets its ip via dhcp from dnsmasq, and it is duly registered in dnsmasq.leases.

However about 1/2 hour to an hour later, the dnsmasq.leases entry for it vanished. I can't ping it via its hostname anymore but I can ping it via its ip address that it got from dnsmasq.

It sounds to me as if the print server is acting strangely but could there be something in dnsmasq that is causing this problem?

Can I configure any useful dhcp-option to encourage it to act normal?

Regards
Adam