Niels,

Thanks for your input on this issue...

1) Your test confirms that "nobody" cannot access the file from outside the
CWD...
[Steve@regret tmp]$ sudo -u nobody cp
/home/Steve/Shared/workspace/xxx/xxx/bootrom.pxe.0 .
cp: cannot stat `/home/Steve/Shared/workspace/xxx/xxx/bootrom.pxe.0':
Permission denied

2) I do have Selinux installed but I have turned off enforcing
[Steve@regret tmp]$ cat /selinux/enforce
0

3) For the moment I lauch dnsmasq with "--user Steve" and achieve my pxe
download.

But I still think I am missing something about the general case -
Can dnsmasq-tftp serve an arbitary file?
How can I setup dnsmasq to serve files owned by different users?

I need to think a little deeper about my directory structure for these
downloads.

Thanks again for your input

Steve