Hi,

I'm struggling for a couple of days now with the DHCP setup in my sample
network environment. Here's what I'm trying to do:
* I'm setting up an environment where severs should get their IPs via
DHCP name -> IP mapping (fixed or static IP)
* Each server has two NICs, one used in a client LAN (192.168.1.0/24)
and one in a backend LAN (storage access, etc. - 192.168.101.0/24)
* Each server should get IPs for the different subnets based on the
hostname provided, e.g.
** requesting an IP for server01(.clnt.localnet) via the client LAN
should be mapped to 192.168.1.10
** requesting an IP for server01(.bknd.localnet) via the backend LAN
should be mapped to 192.168.101.10

I think I've tried almost every combination of dhcp-host, dhcp-range,
dhcp-fqdn, and /etc/hosts entries without any success.
I'm either getting "no address available" once the second interface
comes up or it receives an IP different from the one set in /etc/hosts -
even though dnsmasq logs show that the name is "known" (matching
dhcp-host entry found).

Could anyone please help to sort this out?

If needed I will post my dnsmasq.conf and /etc/hosts entries, but maybe
this can be answered generically.

Thanks a lot,

Tobi

The information contained in this e-mail message, including any attachments, is
intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient (s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and is privileged
and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete the original message.