Hi,

I need to validate the correct behavior of dnsmasq when serving ptr records.

On a CentOS box  there were no answers returned for PTR queries. The address
in the hosts file was - 192.168.1.2 foo.example.com. So going through the
man page I needed to add a ptr-record for the same. But on a Debian box (
dnsmasq 2.55 ), without adding a ptr-record line in the hosts file, I was
getting the correct answers for PTR queries. grepping through the changelog
for changes in ptr record handling didn't reveal anything, hence asking the
list - could this be due to possible patches by the different package
maintainers for these distros ?