On 31/01/14 16:25, Linux Luser wrote:
dhcp-ignore-names is concerned about the hostname, correct? I am
interested in the client identifier option sent in the DHCPREQUEST.
Ignoring this field would break RCF2131 (and probably some people's
networks!) but in my particular case, it may spare me some problems.

I understand, I'm proposing a new option, dhcp-ignore-clid, analogous to the existing dhcp-ignore-names.

Maybe if I could selectively revoke leases, that would work. Could I do
this? I'm sure that dnsmasq keeps an internal cache, so that would have
to be flushed for a particular lease.

There is a utility in contrib/wrt in the source distribution, and a binary in the Debiann package of dnsmasq, for releasing a specific lease from the command-line.

On Jan 30, 2014 2:08 AM, "Simon Kelley" <si...@thekelleys.org.uk