Jochen Demmer via Dnsmasq-discuss schreef op 2021-10-02 10:28:
Hi,

I've been trying to develop my own kind of firewall solution named
nftwall which uses nftables as packet filter and is being managed
centrally by Ansible - no webGUI.

My first attempt was to use dnsmasq but then I found out of this
obstacle. I've been thinking about switching to KEA + radvd but
actually I would like to keep using dnsmasq.
I manage my VRRP IPs with keepalived. There are small scripts for an
event of a primary - secondary change. Especially in an event of
controlled switch of primary - secondary I would like the primary
dnsmasq to send a lifetime of 0 in the router advertisement package.
That way the clients know that this router shall not be used any more.

No experience with RAs so far, but isn't that what the priority field is for?

Please confirm my findings that this is currently not possible with
dnsmasq. If so please accept my feature request to implement that.

Regards
Jochen Demmer

With kind regards,

William Edwards